Call for Applications: ODAC Dermatology, Aesthetic & Surgical conference Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (DEDI).
The ODAC Dermatology, Aesthetic & Surgical conference is pleased to announce a call for applications for the role of Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (DEDI). This newly defined position will work closely with the ODAC Advisory Board and the SanovaWorks Events Division, to promote the development and implementation of educational offerings aimed at improving cultural competence, diversity, and equity within the field of dermatology.
Additionally, this role will assist in creating a conference experience conducive to a collaborative learning environment that enhances professional development and advancement for all.
To qualify for consideration, applicants should possess the following experience and skills:
- Board-certified dermatologist, 3-5 years out of residency preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of inclusive dermatological education that is representative of diverse patient populations
- Training or teaching facilitation in the field of dermatology
- Demonstrated leadership role experience with the ability to work independently
- Commitment to promoting diversity in dermatology as evidenced by current work in healthcare community engagement
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to facilitate dialogue and engage in difficult conversations to sustain a culturally responsive environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with knowledge of language sensitive to inclusivity of all backgrounds and communities
- The Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion may not concurrently serve in the same role/capacity at other dermatology conferences
Visit the orlandoderm.org to submit your application and learn more.