"Systemic Antibiotics in the Management of Acne: Issues and Considerations for Optimal Care"
Drs. Joslyn Kirby and Adam Friedman
This enduring activity is supported by an independent medical education grant provided by Almirall, LLC.
Upon completion of this enduring, internet-based educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Review current scientific understanding of pathophysiology of acne
- Summarize acne treatment strategies utilizing systemic antibiotics
- Differentiate safety and efficacy of broad and narrow spectrum antibiotics indicated for acne treatment
- Cite the benefits of narrow spectrum antibiotic use in acne therapy
- Adam Friedman, MD, FAAD – Grant/Research: Aclaris, CPN, Almirall. Consultant: SanovaWorks, Oakstone Institute, L’oreal, La Roche Posay, Galderma, Aveeno, Valeant, Microcures, Biogen, Pfizer, G&W Laboratories, Novartis, Occulus, Intraderm, Encore, Exeltis, Menlo, Lilly, Aclaris, Dermira, Berg, Allergan, Zylo Therapeutics, Hoth. Speaker’s Bureau: Regeneron, Dermira, Janssen, AbbVie. Major Stock Shareholder: Zylo, Minorcures.
- Joslyn R. Sciacca Kirby, MD – No relevant disclosures.