7. Laubach HJ, Makin IR, Barthe PG, et al. Intense focused ultrasound: evaluation of a new treatment modality for precise microcoagulation within the skin. Dermatol Surg. 2008;34:727–34.
8. Gliklich RE, White WM, Slayton MH, et al. Clinical pilot study of intense ultrasound therapy to deep dermal facial skin and subcutaneous tissues. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2007;9:88–95.
9. Alam M, White LE, Martin NE, et al. Ultrasound tightening of facial and neck skin: a rater-blinded prospective cohort study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010;62:262–9.
10. Brobst R, Ferguson M., Perkins S. Ulthera: initial and six month results. Facial Plast Surg Clin N Am. 2012;20:163-176.
11. US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Ulthera K072505 approval letter. 2009. Available: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf7/K072505.pdf. Accessed November 1, 2011.
12. Oni G, Hoxworth R, Teotia S, et al. Evaluation of a microfocused ultrasound system for improving skin laxity and tightening in the lower face. Aesthet Surg J. 2014;34:1099-110.
13. Fabi S, Goldman M, Dayan S, et al. A prospective multicenter pilot study of the safety and efficacy of microfocused ultrasound with visualization for improving lines and wrinkles of the d´ecollete. Dermatol Surg. 2015;41:327-335
14. Reined JM, Sorg H. Wound repair and regeneration. Eur Surg Res. 2012;49:35-43.
15. Eming SA, Krieg T, Davidson JM. Inflammation in wound repair: molecular and cellular mechanisms. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:514-525.
16. Leibovich SJ, Ross R: The role of the macrophage in wound repair. A study with hydrocortisone and antimacrophage serum. Am J Pathol. 1975;78:71-100.
17. Madden JW, Peacock EE. Studies on the biology of collagen during wound healing. 3. Dynamic metabolism of scar collagen and remodeling of dermal wounds. Ann Surg. 1971; 174:511-520.
18. Bullard KM, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. Fetal wound healing: current biology. World J Surg. 2003;27:54-61.
19. Redd MJ, Cooper L, Wood W, et al. Wound healing and inflammation: embryos reveal the way to perfect repair. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2004;359:777-784.
20. Whitby DJ, Ferguson MW: Immunohistochemical localization of growth factors in fetal wound healing. Dev Biol. 1991;147:207-215. 21. Ashcroft G, Mills S, Lei K, et al. Estrogen modulates cutaneous wound healing by downregulating macrophage migration inhibitory factor. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1309-1318.
22. Ashcroft GS, Yang X, Glick AB, et al. Mice lacking Smad3 show accelerated wound healing and an impaired local inflammatory response. Nat Cell Biol. 1999;1:260-266.
23. Zerbinati N, Calligaro A. Calcium hydroxylapatite treatment of human skin: evidence of collagen turnover through picrosirius red staining and circularly polarized microscopy. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2018;11:29-35.
24. Casabona G, Michalany N. Microfocused ultrasound with visualization and fillers for increased neocollagenesis: clinical and histological evaluation.Dermatol Surg. 2014;40 Suppl 12:S194-8.
25. Fabi S, Goldman M. Retrospective evaluation of micro-focused ultrasound for lifting and tightening the face and neck. Dermatol Surg. 2014;40:569-575.
26. Sobanko JF, Taglienti AJ, Wilson AJ, et al. Motivations for seeking minimally invasive cosmetic procedures in an academic outpatient setting. Aesthet Surg J. 2015;35:1014-1020.
27. Chung KC, Hamill JB, Kim HM, et al. Predictors of patient satisfaction in an outpatient plastic surgery clinic. Ann Plast Surg. 1999;42:56-60.
28. Marten T, Feldman J, Connell B, Little W. Treatment of full obtuse neck. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2005;25 (4):387-397.
29. Landau M, Geister T, Leibou L, et al. Validated assessment scales for decollet´e wrinkling and pigmentation. Dermatol Surg. 2008;34:S179–S183
30. Kaminer M, Casabona G, Peeters W, et al. Validated assessment scales for skin laxity on the posterior thighs, buttocks, in female patients. Dermatol Surg. 2019 (in press).
31. Kaminer M, Casabona G., Peeters W, et al. Validated assessment scales for skin laxity on the anterior thighs, and knees in female patients. Dermatol Surg. 2019 (in press)
32. Narins RS, Carruthers J, Flynn TC et al. Validated assessment scales for the lower face. Dermatol Surg. 2012 Feb;38(2 Spec No.):333-42
33. Carruthers A, Carruthers J, Hardas B, et al. A validated grading scale for marionette lines. Dermatol Surg. 2008 Nov;34(Suppl 2):S167-72.
34. Casabona G, Frank K, Koban KC, et al. Influence of age, sex, and body mass Index on the depth of the superficial fascia in the face and neck. Dermatol Surg. 2019 Mar 12 [Epub ahead of print].
35. Frank K, Hamade H, Casabona G, et al. Influences of age, gender, and body mass index on the thickness of the abdominal fatty layers and its relevance for abdominal liposuction and abdominoplasty. Aesthet Surg J. 2019 May 6 [Epub ahead of print].
36. Frank K, Casabona G, Gotkin RH, et al. Influence of age, gender and body mass index on the thickness of the gluteal subcutaneous fat - implications for safe buttock augmentation procedures. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2019 Apr 9 [Epub ahead of print].
37. Montes J, Santos E. Patient satisfaction following treatment with microfocused ultrasound with visualization: results of a retrospective cross-sectional survey. J Drugs Dermatol. 2019;18(1):75-79.
38. Sasaki G, Abelev N, Papadopoulos L. A split face study to determine the significance of adding increased energy and treatment levels at the marionette folds. Aesthet Surg J. 2017;37:1-14.
39. Fabi S, Joseph J, Sevi J, Green J, Peterson J. Optimizing patient outcomes by customizing treatment with microfocused ultrasound with visualization: gold standard consensus guidelines from an expert panel. J Drugs Dermatol. 2019;18(5):426-432.
40. Sandulescu T, Büchner H, Rauscher D, et al. Histological, SEM and three-dimensional analysis of the midfacial SMAS − new morphological insights. Ann Anat. 2019;222:70-78
41. Fabi S. Microfocused ultrasound with visualization for skin tightening and lifting: my experience and a review of the literature. Dermatol Surg. 2014;40:S164-S167
42. Gold M, Sensing W, Biron J. Use of micro-focused ultrasound with visualization to lift and tighten lax knee skin. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2014;16:225-9.
43. Friedmann D, Fabi S, Goldman M. Combination of intense pulsed light, Sculptra, and Ultherapy for treatment of the aging face. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2014;13:109-118.
44. Hart D, Fabi S, White W, et al. Current concepts in the use of PLLA: clinical synergy noted with combined use of microfocused ultrasound and poly-L-lactic acid on the face, neck, and décolletage. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015:136:180S-187S.
45. Kerscher M, Nurrisyanti A, Eiben-Nielson C, et al. Clinical and biophysical outcomes of combining microfocused ultrasound with visualization and calcium hydroxylapatite filler for facial treatment. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2019;9:135-142.
46. Carruthers J, Burgess C, Day D. Consensus recommendations for combined aesthetic interventions in the face using botulinum toxin, fillers, and energy-based devices. Dermatol Surg. 2016;42:586-597.
47. Fabi S, Goldman M, Mills D, et al. Combining microfocused ultrasound with botulinum. toxin and temporary and semi-permanent dermal fillers: safety and current use. Dermatol Surg. 2016;42:S168-S176
48. Fabi SG, Burgess C, Carruthers A, et al. Consensus recommendations for combined aesthetic interventions using botulinum toxin, fillers, and microfocused ultrasound in the neck, décolletage, hands, and other areas of the Body. Dermatol Surg. 2016;42:1199-1208. 49. Yutskovskaya Y., Sergeevab A., Koganc E. Clinical and morphological assessment of efficacy and portability of the combination of injectable RadiesseTR dilute with normal saline and microfocused ultrasound skin tightening procedure (UltherapyTR). J Drugs Dermatol. 2019 (in press).
50. Swanson E. The importance of photographic standardization in evaluating microfocused ultrasound facial skin treatments. Aesthet Surg J. 2017;37:NP142–NP144.
51. Hitchcock T, Dobke M. Review of the safety profile for microfocused ultrasound with visualization. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2014;13:329-335.
52. Friedmann D, Bourgeois G, Chan H, et al. Complications from microfocused transcutaneous ultrasound: case series and review of the literature. Lasers Surg Med. 2018;50:13-19
53. Marr K., Carruthers J, Humphrey S. Transient nerve damage after microfocused ultrasound with visualization. Dermatol Surg. 2017;43:894-896.