Steven R. Feldman has received research, speaking and/or consulting support from a variety of companies including Galderma, GSK/Stiefel, Almirall, Leo Pharma, Boehringer Ingelheim, Mylan, Celgene, Pfizer, Valeant, Abbvie, Samsung, Janssen, Lilly, Menlo, Merck, Novartis, Regeneron, Sanofi, Novan, Qurient, National Biological Corporation, Caremark, Advance Medical, Sun Pharma, Suncare Research, Informa, UpToDate, and National Psoriasis Foundation. He is founder and majority owner of www.DrScore.com and founder and part owner of Causa Research, a company dedicated to enhancing patients’ adherence to treatment. Matthew Zirwas has received research, speaking and/or consulting support from a variety of companies including Abbvie, Aerolase, Aclaris, Aructis, Asana, AsepticMD , Avillion, DS Biopharma, Fit Bit, Foamix, Genench / Novartis, Incyte, Janssen, L’Oreal, Leo, Lilly, Menlo, Ortho Derm, Pfizer, Regeneron / Sanofi, and UCB. Adrian Cuellar-Barboza has no conflicts to disclose.
1. Schneeweiss MC, Perez-Chada L, Merola JF. Comparative safety of systemic immuno-modulatory medications in adults with atopic dermatitis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2019. doi: 10.1016/j.jid.2019.05.024. [Epub ahead of print].
2. Callewaert C, Nakatsuji T, Knight R, Kosciolek T, Vrbanac A, Kotol P, Ardeleanu M, Hultsch T, Guttman-Yassky E, Bissonnette R, Silverberg JI, Krueger J, Menter A, Graham NMH, Pirozzi G, Hamilton JD, Gallo RL. IL-4Rα Blockade by Dupilumab Decreases Staphylococcus aureus Colonization and Increases Microbial Diversity in Atopic Dermatitis. J Invest Dermatol. 2020 Jan;140(1):191-202.
3. Aliyu S, Cohen B, Liu J, Larson E. Prevalence and risk factors for bloodstream infection present on hospital admission. J Infect Prev. 2018;19(1):37-42.
4. Fleming P, Drucker AM. Risk of infection in patients with atopic dermatitis treated with dupilumab: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018;78(1):62-69.e1.
5. Bao L, Shi VY, Chan LS. IL-4 up-regulates epidermal chemotactic, angiogenic, and pro-inflammatory genes and down-regulates antimicrobial genes in vivo and in vitro: Relevant in the pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis. Cytokine. 2013;61(2):419-425.