cream in Asian patients with moderate to severe melasma. Br J Dermatol. 2008;159(3):697-703.
34. Taylor SC, Torok H, Jones T, et al. Efficacy and safety of a new triple-combination agent for the treatment of facial melasma. Cutis. 2003;72(1):67-72.
35. Arellano I, Cestari T, Ocampo-Candiani J, et al. Preventing melasma recurrence: prescribing a maintenance regimen with an effective triple combination cream based on long-standing clinical severity. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2012;26(5):611-618.
36. Hexsel D, Soirefmann M, Fernandes JD, et al. Objective assessment of erythema and pigmentation of melasma lesions and surrounding areas in long-term management regimens with triple combination. J Drugs Dermatol. 2014;13(4):444-448.
37. Torok H, Taylor S, Baumann L, et al. A large 12-month extension study of an 8-week trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of triple combination (TC) cream in melasma patients previously treated with TC cream or one of its dyads. J Drugs Dermatol. 2005;4(5):592-597.
38. Huh SY, Shin JW, Na JI, et al. The efficacy and safety of 4-n-butylresorcinol 0.1% cream for the treatment of melasma: a randomized controlled split-face trial. Annals Dermatol. 2010;22(1):21-25.
39. Huh SY, Shin JW, Na JI, et al. Efficacy and safety of liposome-encapsulated 4-n-butylresorcinol 0.1% cream for the treatment of melasma: a randomized controlled split-face trial. J Dermatol. 2010;37(4):311-315.
40. Khemis A, Kaiafa A, Queille-Roussel C, et al. Evaluation of efficacy and safety of rucinol serum in patients with melasma: a randomized controlled trial. Br J Dermatol. 2007;156(5):997-1004.
41. Kolbe L, Mann T, Gerwat W, et al. 4-n-butylresorcinol, a highly effective tyrosinase inhibitor for the topical treatment of hyperpigmentation. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2013;27 Suppl 1:19-23.
42. Kornhauser A, Coelho SG, Hearing VJ. Applications of hydroxy acids: classification, mechanisms, and photoactivity. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2010;3:135.
43. Guevara IL, Pandya AG. Safety and efficacy of 4% hydroquinone combined with 10% glycolic acid, antioxidants, and sunscreen in the treatment of melasma. Int J Dermatol. 2003;42(12):966-972.
44. Ibrahim ZA, Gheida SF, El Maghraby GM, et al. Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of combinations of hydroquinone, glycolic acid, and hyaluronic acid in the treatment of melasma. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2015;14(2):113-123.
45. Deo KS, Dash KN, Sharma YK, et al. Kojic acid vis-a-vis its combinations with hydroquinone and betamethasone valerate in melasma: a randomized, single blind, comparative study of efficacy and safety. Indian J Dermatol. 2013;58(4):281-285.
46. Monteiro RC, Kishore BN, Bhat RM, et al. A comparative study of the efficacy of 4% hydroquinone vs 0.75% kojic acid cream in the treatment of facial melasma. Indian J Dermatol. 2013;58(2):157.
47. Khosravan S, Alami A, Mohammadzadeh-Moghadam H, et al. The effect of topical use of petroselinum crispum (parsley) versus that of hydroquinone cream on reduction of epidermal melasma: a randomized clinical trial. Holist Nurs Pract. 2017;31(1):16-20.
48. Iraji F, Tagmirriahi N, Gavidnia K. Comparison between the efficacy of 10% zinc sulfate solution with 4% hydroquinone cream on improvement of melasma. Adv Biomed Res. 2012;1:39.
49. Yousefi A, Khani Khoozani Z, Zakerzadeh Forooshani S, et al. Is topical zinc effective in the treatment of melasma? A double-blind randomized comparative study. Dermatol Surg. 2014;40(1):33-37.
50. Ghafarzadeh M, Eatemadi A. Clinical efficacy of liposome-encapsulated Aloe vera on melasma treatment during pregnancy. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2017;19(3):181-187.
51. Espinal-Perez LE, Moncada B, Castanedo-Cazares JP. A double-blind randomized trial of 5% ascorbic acid vs. 4% hydroquinone in melasma. Int J Dermatol. 2004;43(8):604-607.
52. Tirado-Sánchez A, Santamaría-Román A, Ponce-Olivera RM. Efficacy of dioic acid compared with hydroquinone in the treatment of melasma. Int J Dermatol. 2009;48(8):893-895.
53. Ertam I, Mutlu B, Unal I, et al. Efficiency of ellagic acid and arbutin in melasma: a randomized, prospective, open-label study. J Dermatol. 2008;35(9):570-574.
54. Adalatkhah H, Sadeghi-Bazargani H. The first clinical experience on efficacy of topical flutamide on melasma compared with topical hydroquinone: a randomized clinical trial. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2015;9:4219-4225.
55. Nomakhosi M, Heidi A. Natural options for management of melasma, a review. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2018:1-12.