Evidence for the effectiveness of microneedling in treating various dermatologic conditions is rapidly expanding and its use is increasing. Technological advances in the form of automated and combined RF pens have allowed for devices that are safer and more effective.
None of the authors have any financial disclosures.
- Orentreich DS, Orentreich N. Subcutaneous incisionless (subcision) surgery for the correction of depressed scars and wrinkles. Dermatol Surg. 1995;21(6):543-549.
- Singh A, Yadav S. Microneedling: Advances and widening horizons. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2016;7(4):244-254.
- Pahwa M, Pahwa P, Zaheer A. "Tram track effect" after treatment of acne scars using a microneedling device. Dermatol Surg. 2012;38(7 Pt 1):1107- 1108.
- Soltani-Arabshahi R, Wong JW, Duffy KL, Powell DL. Facial allergic granulomatous reaction and systemic hypersensitivity associated with microneedle therapy for skin rejuvenation. JAMA Dermatology. 2014;150(1):68-72.
- Sasaki GH. Micro-Needling Depth Penetration, Presence of Pigment Particles, and Fluorescein-Stained Platelets: Clinical Usage for Aesthetic Concerns. Aesthet Surg J. 2017;37(1):71-83.