Straight-Line Vector Planning for Optimal Results With Silhouette InstaLift in Minimally Invasive Tissue Repositioning for Facial Rejuvenation
July 2018 | Volume 17 | Issue 7 | Original Article | 786 | Copyright © July 2018
Z. Paul Lorenc MD FACS,a David Goldberg MD JD,b Mark Nestor MD PhDc
aLorenc Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center, New York, NY; Department of Plastic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY bSkin Laser & Surgery Specialists of NY/NJ; Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; New York, NY Fordham Law School, New York, NY cCenter for Clinical and Cosmetic Research, Center for Clinical Enhancement, Aventura, FL; Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery and the Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Dr. Nestor is a consultant and advisory board member for and has received research grants from Sinclair Pharma; a consultant, advisory board member and speaker for Thermi-Almirall; is aconsultant and advisory board member for Almirall; is a consultant for Bayer Healthcare, Consultant and Speaker for Sensus Healthcare, Speaker and Principal Investigator for IFC, S.A., Principal Investigator and Consultant for CROMA Pharma, Ferndale, Johnson & Johnson, Principal Investigator for Actavis, Allergan, Annacor Pharmaceuticals, Biofrontera, Brickell Biotech, Cynova Laboratories, DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Demira, Evolus, Intraderm, LEO Pharma, MC2 Therapeutics, SASIF & Sonoma. Industry Support: Editorial support provided by X-Medica, LLC.
The authors thank Ginny Vachon, PhD of Principal Medvantage, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA for providing medical writing support.
- Wong CH, Mendelson B. Newer Understanding of Specific Anatomic Targets in the Aging Face as Applied to Injectables: Aging Changes in the Craniofacial Skeleton and Facial Ligaments. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015;136(5 Suppl):44S-48S.
- Kretlow JD, Hollier LH, Jr., Hatef DA. The facial aging debate of deflation versus attenuation: attenuation strikes back. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012;130(1):180e-181e; author reply 182e.
- Cotofana S, Fratila AA, Schenck TL, Redka-Swoboda W, Zilinsky I, Pavicic T. The Anatomy of the Aging Face: A Review. Facial Plast Surg. 2016;32(3):253-260.
- Atiyeh BS, Dibo SA, Costigliano M, et al.. Barbed sutures “lunch time” lifting: evidence-based efficacy. J Cos Dermatol. 2010;9:132-141.
- Villa MT, White LE, Alan m, et al.. Barbed sutures: a review of the literature. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;121:102e-108e.
- Ruff G. Technique and uses of absorbable barbed sutures. Aesthetic Surg J. 2006;26:620-628.
- Abraham R, De Fata RJ, Williams EF. Thread-lift for facial rejuvenation: assessment of long-term results. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2009;11:178-183.
- Rachel JD, Lack ES, Larson B. Incidence of complications and early recurrence in 29 patients after facial rejuvenation with barbed suture lifting. Dermatol Surg. 2010;36:348-354.
- Consiglio F, Pizzamiglio R, Parodi PC, et al. Suture with resolvable cones: histology and physio-mechanical features. Aesthetic Surg J. 2016;36(3):NP122-NP127.
- Silhouette Instalift™ (Instructions for Use). Silhouette Lift Inc., Irvine, CA.
- Nestor MS, Ablon G, Andriessen A, et al. Expert Consensus on Absorbable Advanced Suspension Technology for Facial Tissue Repositioning and Volume Enhancement. J Drugs Dermatol. 2017;16(7):661-666.
- Stein P, Vitavska O, Kind P, et al. The biological basis for poly-L-lactic acid-induced augmentation. J Dermatol Science. 2015;78:26-33.
- Goldberg D, Guana A, Volk A, et al. Single-arm study of the characterization of human tissue response to injectable poly-L-lactic acid. Dermatol Surg. 2013;39:913-922.
- Z. Paul Lorenc, MD. Personal communication, Dec. 5, 2018.
- Isse N. Silhouette sutures for treatment of facial aging: facial rejuvenation, remodeling, and facial tissue support. Clin Plast Surg. 2008;35:481-486.
- Nicolau PJ. Use of Suspending Threads in Facial Rejuvenation. Prime Journal. 2014;50-56
- Prendergast P. Minimally invasive face and neck lift using Silhouette coned sutures. In: Serev, N, ed. Miniinvasive Face and Body Lifts. InTech, 2013.
Z. Paul Lorenc MD FACS firstname.lastname@example.org