The Future of Non-Invasive Rejuvenation Technology: Devices
June 2017 | Volume 16 | Issue 6 | Supplement Individual Articles | 104 | Copyright © June 2017
Michael H. Gold MD
Gold Skin Care Center, Tennessee Clinical Research Center, Nashville, TN Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, TN Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine; Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China; The First Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China Guangdong Provincial People’s Hospital, Guangzhou, China First People’s Hospital of Foshan, Guangzhou, China The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China The People’s Hospital of Hunan Province, Changsha, Hunan Province, China
new collagen. Clinical work with this material has shown its effects and an example is shown in Figure 7.18,19
EBDs have been very useful for rejuvenating the skin over the years. Newer technologies following evidence-based medicine have made these devices a reality for all of us in the laser and EBD field. As noted earlier and throughout this article, we can live in a world of hype or a world of reality. We need to choose to live in a world where well-done clinical studies pave the way for real science to explain how these devices work, to show the results that these devices can deliver, and to be truthful and honest in how we share these works with the world.
Dr. Gold is a consultant for the following: Lumenis, Syneron- Candela, Venus Concept, EndyMed, and Sinclair.
- Biter PH. Noninvasive rejuvenation of photodamaged skin using serial, full- face intense pulsed light treatments. Dermatol Surg. 2000;26:835-843.
- Ping C, Xueliang D, Yongxuan L, Bilai L, Shaoming L, Gold MH. A retrospective study of the clinical efficacy of the intense pulsed light source for photodamage and skin rejuvenation. J Cosm Laser Ther. 2016;18(4):217-24.
- Clementoni MT, Galimberti M, Tourlaki A, Catenacci M, Lavagno R, Bencini PL. Random fractional ultrapulsed CO2 resurfacing of photodamaged skin: Long-term evaluation. Lasers Surg Med. 2013;28(2):643-650.
- Tan J, Lei Y, Ouyang HW, Gold MH. The use of the fractional CO2 laser resurfacing in the treatment of photoaging in Asians: Five year long-term results. Lasers Surg Med. 2014;46:750-756.
- Waibel J, Beer K. Fractional laser resurfacing of thermal burns. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008; 7(1): 59-61.
- Ying L, Li SF, Yu YL, Tan J, Gold MH. Clinical efficacy of utilizing fractional CO2 laser for the treatment of hypertrophic scars in Asians. Submitted for publication.
- Hruza G, Taub AF, Collier SL, Mulholland SR. Skin rejuvenation and wrinkle reduction using a fractional radiofrequency system. J Drugs Dermatol. 2009;8:259-265.
- Gold MH, Biron JA. Treatment of acne scars by fractional bipolar radiofrequency energy. J Cosm Laser Ther. 2012; 14: 172-178.
- Hongcharu W, Gold MH. Expanding the clinical application of fractional radiofrequency treatment: Findings on rhytids, hyperpigmentation, rosacea, and acne redness. J Drugs Dermatol. 2015;14(11):611-617.
- Ray M, Gold MH. A retrospective study of patient satisfaction following a trial of nano-fractional RF treatment. J Drugs Dermatol. 2015;14(11):618-621.
- Cohen JL, Weiner SF, Pozner KN, Ibrahimi OA, Vasily DB, Ross EV, Gabriel Z. Multi-center pilot study to evaluate the safety profile of high energy fractionated radiofrequency with insulated microneedles to multiple levels of the dermis. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016;15(11): 1308-1312.
- Gold M, Taylor M, Rothaus K, Tanaka Y. Non-insulated smooth motion, micro-needles RF fractional treatment for wrinkle reduction and lifting of the lower face: International Study. Lasers Surg Med. 2016;48:727-733.
- Letters and Communications, Picosecond 532 nm Neodymium-Doped Yttrium Aluminium Garnet Laser for the Treatment of Solar Lentigines in Darker Skin Types: Safety and Efficacy. Dermatol Surg. 2016;0:1-3
- Kono T, Shek S, Chen H, Groff W, Imagawa K, and Miyasada M, Comparison Study of a 532nm Picosecond Laser vs A 532nm Nanosecond Laser in the Treatment of Pigmented Lesions in Asians. Cosmetic Laser Dermatol. San Diego, CA.
- Gold MH. Update on Tissue Tightening. J Clin Aesthet Derm. 2010;3(5):36-41.
- Harth Y, Vider I, Elman M, Shemer A, Gottfried V, Kamin A. Long term antiwrinkle reduction using a novel multisource of RF phase controlled radiofrequency treatment system. Lasers Surg Med. 2010;42(S22):94-95.
- Elman M, Vider I, Harth Y, Gottfried V, Shemer A. Non-invasive therapy of wrinkles, lax skin using a novel multisource phase controlled radiofrequency system. J Cosm Laser Ther. 2010;12:81-86.
- Isse N. Silhouette sutures for the treatment of facial aging: Facial aging, rejuvenation, remodeling, and facial tissue support. Clin Plastic Surg. 2008;35:481-486.
- Gamboa GM, Vascomez LO. Suture suspension techniques for midface and neck rejuvenation. Ann Plast Surg. 2009;62:478-481.
Michael H. Gold MD E-mail:................................................... [email protected]