An Open Label Clinical Trial of a Peptide Treatment Serum and Supporting Regimen Designed to Improve the Appearance of Aging Facial Skin
September 2016 | Volume 15 | Issue 9 | Original Article | 1100 | Copyright © September 2016
Zoe Diana Draelos MD,a Tatiana Kononov BS MBA,b and Theresa Fox BSb
aDermatology Consulting Services, High Point, NC
bRevision Skincare, Irving, TX
and product attributes. The products were well tolerated with no adverse events. These results provide medical professionals with information that may benefit patients seeking treatment for expression line wrinkles and photodamaged facial skin.
The study was 100% sponsored by Revision Skincare. Dr. Draelos has no conflicts of interest to declare. Tatiana Kononov and Theresa Fox are employees of Revision Skincare.
- Kurban RS, Bhawan J. Histologic changes in skin associated with aging. J Dermatol Surg Oncol. 1990;16:908-914.
- Gilchrest BA, Krutman J. Skin Aging. Germany: Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg; 2006
- Taylor CR, Stern RS, Leyden JJ, Gilchrest BA. Photoaging/photodamage and photoprotection. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1990;22:1-15.
- Hillebrand GG, Liang Z, Yan X, et al. New wrinkles on wrinkling: an 8-year longitudinal study on the progression of expression lines into persistent wrinkles. Br J Dermatol. 2010; 162:1233-41.
- Gorouhi F, Maibach HI. Topical peptides and proteins for aging skin. In: Farage MA, Miller, KW, Maibach HI, eds. Textbook of Aging Skin. Germany: Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2010:1089-1117
- Watanabe M, Maemura K, Kanbara K, et al. GABA and GABA receptors in the central nervous system and other organs. In: Jeon KW, ed. Int Rev Cytol. 2002;213:1-47.
- Denda M, Inoue K, Inomata S, Denda S. gamma-Aminobutyric acid (A) receptor agonists accelerate cutaneous barrier recovery and prevent epidermal hyperplasia induced by barrier disruption. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;119:1041-7.
- Lupo MP, Cole AL. Cosmeceutical peptides. Dermatol Ther. 2007;20:343-9.
- Lintner K, Peschard O. Biologically active peptides: from a laboratory bench curiosity to a functional skin care product. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2000;22:207-18.
- Linter, K. Peptides and proteins. In: Draelos, ZD, ed. Cosmetic Dermatology: Products and Procedures. 2nd ed. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Blackwell; 2015: 308-317.
- Blanes C, Llobregat M, Gil A, Fernández-Ballester G, Planells Cases R, Viniegra S, Gutierrez LM, Carbonell T, Pérez-Payá E, Ferrer-Montie A, inventors; Lipotec SA, assignee. Neuronal exocytosis inhibiting peptides and cosmetic and pharmaceutical compositions containing said peptide. US patent 7015192 B1. March 21, 2006.
- Blanes-mira C, Clemente J, Jodas G, et al. A synthetic hexapeptide (Argireline®) with antiwrinkle activity. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2002;24:303-10.
- Ruiz MA, Clares B, Morales ME, Gallardo V. Evaluation of the anti-wrinkle efficacy of cosmetic formulations with an anti-aging peptide (Argireline®). Ars Pharm. 2010;50:168-176.
- Carrneo Serraïma C, Ponsati Obiols B, Van Den Nest W, et al, inventors; Lipotec SA, assignee. Neuronal exocytosis inhibiting peptides. US Patent 2010/0021510 A1. Jan 28, 2010.
- Mcardle JJ, Lentz TL, Witzemann V, Schwarz H, Weinstein SA, Schmidt JJ. Waglerin-1 selectively blocks the epsilon form of the muscle nicotinic acetylcholine receptor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1999;289(1):543-50.
- Imfeld D, Ziegler H, Wikstroem P, inventors; Pentapharm AG, assignee. Novel topical application agents against mimic and age-related wrinkles. US Patent 2009/0111731 A1. Apr 30, 2009.
- Loing E, Suere T, Lamarque E. Trifluoroacetyl-tripeptide-2 to target scenescence for anti-aging benefits. Cosm & Toil. 2012;127:274-280.
- Lintner, K, inventor; Sederma SA, assignee. Use of peptides as cosmetics of pharmaceuticals for the regulation of immunological dysfunctions and in cutaneous inflammation. World Patent WO2000043417 A1. Jul 27,2000.