Comparison of the Effects of Contractubex® Gel in an Experimental Model of Scar Formation in Rats: An Immunohistochemical and Ultrastructural Study
January 2012 | Volume 11 | Issue 1 | Original Article | 74 | Copyright © January 2012
Mustafa T. Sahin MD,a Sevinc Inan MD,b Serap Ozturkcan MD,a Elif Guzel MDc Cemal Bilac MD,a Gülsen Giray MD,b Sevda Muftuoglu MDd
aDepartment of Dermatology, Celal Bayar University Medical Faculty, Manisa, Turkey bDepartment of Histology and Embryology, Celal Bayar University Medical Faculty, Manisa, Turkey cDepartment of Histology and Embryology, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey dDepartment of Histology and Embryology, Hacettepe University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
- Kleinman HK, Cannon FB, Laurie GW, et al. Biological activities of laminin. J Cell Biochem. 1985;27:317-325.
- Ho WS, Ying SY, Chan PC, et al. Use of onion extract, heparin, allontoin
gel in prevention of scarring in Chinese patients having laser
removal of tattoos: A prospective randomized controlled trial. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32:891-896.
- Sigrist U. Treatment of facial acne scars. Microdermabrasion and follow-up with a cicatricial gel (Contractubex): A clinical observation. Schweiz Zschr Ganzheits Medizin. 1998;10:200-202.
- Chung VQ, Kelley L, Marra D, et al. Onion extract gel versus petrolatum
emollient on new surgical scars: a prospective double-blinded study. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32:193-197.
- Hosnuter M, Payasli C, Isikdemir A, et al. The effects of onion
extract on hypertrophic and keloid scars. J Wound Care. 2007;16:251-254.
ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
Mustafa Turhan Sahin MDMansuroglu Mah. 273/1 Sok. Cemre Apt. A-Blok No: 36/3-3Bornova 35535 Izmir, TurkeyPhone: +90-532-4778242Fax: +email@example.com