Single-Center, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Study of the Efficacy and Safety of a Cream Formulation for Improving Facial Wrinkles and Skin Quality
June 2018 | Volume 17 | Issue 6 | Original Article | 664 | Copyright © 2018
Neil Sadick MD,a,b Krista Bohnert BS,b Monica Serra,b and Neal Kitchen PhDc
aWeill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY bSadick Dermatology and Research, New York, NY cHydroPeptide LLC, Issaquah, WA
Overall, despite the study limitations that include small number of subjects and short time of follow-up, the product demonstrated a good clinical efficacy and safety profile in improving facial skin quality. To this end, a larger scale study is underway, with more subjects and longer follow-up, to assess more clinical endpoints and evaluate the full effect of the topical on rhytides and fine lines.Thus, in the context of a general skincare program that includes sunscreen, fillers, neurotoxins, and energy-based devices, Hydropeptide® Nimni Cream can be used daily for preventing, fighting signs of aging and improving skin quality in the face.
Neil Sadick MD, Krista Bohnert BS, and Monica Serra received a research grant by Hydropeptide. Neal Kitchen PhD is Chief Operating Officer at HydroPeptide.
- Alexis AF, Obioha JO. Ethnicity and Aging Skin. J Drugs Dermatol. 2017;16(6):s77-s80.
- Keaney TC. Aging in the Male Face: Intrinsic and Extrinsic Factors. Dermatol Surg. 2016;42(7):797-803.
- Tobin DJ. Introduction to skin aging. J Tissue Viability. 2017;26(1):37-46.
- Oikarinen A. The aging of skin: chronoaging versus photoaging. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 1990;7(1):3-4.
- Uitto J, Bernstein EF. Molecular mechanisms of cutaneous aging: connective tissue alterations in the dermis. J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 1998;3(1):41-44.
- Vanaman M, Fabi SG, Cox SE. Neck Rejuvenation Using a Combination Approach: Our Experience and a Review of the Literature. Dermatol Surg. 2016;42 Suppl 2:S94-S100.
- Kirkland-Kyhn H, Zaratkiewicz S, Teleten O, Young HM. Caring for Aging Skin. Am J Nurs. 2018;118(2):60-63.
- Landau M, Anand CV, Besins T, et al. First Consensus on Primary Prevention and Early Intervention in Aesthetic Medicine. J Drugs Dermatol. 2017;16(9):846-854.
- Weinkle S, Saco M. Approach to the Mature Cosmetic Patient: Aging Gracefully. J Drugs Dermatol. 2017;16(6):s84-s86.
- Addor FAS. Antioxidants in dermatology. An Bras Dermatol. 2017;92(3):356-362.
- Burke KE. Mechanisms of aging and development-A new understanding of environmental damage to the skin and prevention with topical antioxidants. Mech Ageing Dev. 2017.
- Han B, Nimni ME. Transdermal delivery of amino acids and antioxidants enhance collagen synthesis: in vivo and in vitro studies. Connect Tissue Res. 2005;46(4-5):251-257.
- Schlessinger J, Green B, Edison BL, Murphy L, Sabherwal Y. A Firming Neck Cream Containing N-Acetyl Glucosamine Significantly Improves Signs of Aging on the Challenging Neck and Decolletage. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016;15(1):47-52.
Neil Sadick MD
E-mail:................................................... [email protected]